New Delhi: Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a ten-digit unique alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department and is a very important financial document. The laminated plastic card issued by the I-T department is popularly known as PAN card.
But if you have somehow lost this important document, you must not worry. You can apply for a duplicate PAN card after filing an FIR and the download your e-Pan after completing the application process.
– Go to the following link
– Select Acknowledgement Number or PAN
– Type in your 10 digit alphanumeric PAN card number
– Give your Aadhaar Number(Only for Individual)
– Select Date of Birth / Incorporation / Formation
– The GSTN number is optional
– Now tick on the Aadhaar acceptance box
– Feed in the captcha code and submit
– If it is via acknowledgement number, you may have to generate an OTP
– After that, click on the ‘download PDF’ option to download the e-PAN instantly
The PDF of the downloaded e-PAN card will be password secured. To access it, the user must input their date of birth, which serves as the password.
This facility of downloading e-PAN is available for PAN holders whose latest application was processed through NSDL e-Gov.
For the PAN applications submitted to NSDL e-Gov where PAN is alloted or changes are confirmed by ITD within last 30 days, e-PAN card can be downloaded free of cost three times.
If the PAN is allotted / changes in PAN Data are confirmed by ITD prior to 30 days then charges applicable for download of e-PAN Card is Rs.8.26/- (inclusive of taxes).